Finally! Containers Park in Cumbaya opened its doors this past weekend. A really cool modern version of a food court with something for every taste. It is the ideal spot for a relaxed meal, snack or simply a drink with friends. Containers Park is a food centre with an industrial character. With 8 container style restaurants, an island style stand in the middle serving craft beer, tables all around, and it has a roof; so no need to worry if it’s a rainy day. It offers an array of food and drinks to enjoy on the spot, and a great lively crowd to be around. You just have to go and check it out for yourself!
1. Fratelli: True Italian style pizza and calzone, with delicious crispy crusts, amazing sauces, ooey gooey cheese and amazing topping that will leave you hungry for more
2. Green choice: Delicious and healthy food, with plenty vegetarian/vegan options. It’s not just salads but a wide variety of dishes that you will love!
3. Craft BBQ and Beer is just meat lovers paradise… Slow cooked and paired with craft beer, do I need to say more?
4. Mid Point Coffee: this place takes typical Ecuadorian to a whole new level serving you traditional flavors like arroz con leche (sweet rice dessert), canelazo (cinnamon warm cocktail) quimbolito (sweet corn cake wrapped in leaves) and of course, delicious coffee.
5. Cholita potatoes: the best Ecuadorian potato (papa chola), chopped and fried until it’s crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. With additional toppings that make it even more delicious!
6. Super Parrilladas: another meat lovers place, where it’s all about simplicity: the best cuts and great wine
7. Mundano: this place has it all—sandwiches, salads, fries, drinks and ice cream! All done in a creative and special way, and of course, incredibly tasty!
8. Octopus: It’s not just all meat at this place, as the name suggests here you can eat fresh and tasty seafood
9. La Friterie: and on the center of it all you can find La Friterie, a place for craft beer and wings with 4 different types of tap beers. That go perfectly with any order from this place
Address: Francisco de Orellana, Cumbaya (in front of the church’s parking lot)
Parking: They have their own parking lot plus more around
Opening times: Tuesdays and Wednesdays 11:00 – 21:00; Thursday to Saturday 11:00 – 01:00 and Sunday 11:00 – 21:00.