Copenhagen has the Torvehallerne, Madrid has the Mercado San Miguel, London has Borough Market and Quito has La Platea! This Food Trucks plaza is foodie heaven, with so many delicious options for food and drinks. The vibe here is really energetic and vibrant… Plus it’s in the Floresta area, aka the hipster district in Quito, and this place goes perfectly well with its surroundings: very creative, cheerful and different. Saturdays after 4 pm you can enjoy the weekend with great music and delicious cocktails.
Moreover, this is THE place to go to with all your vegan/vegetarian friends as it one of the few places in Quito with a wide variety of vegan options, and all incredibly tasty! This also goes for going out with a group with different tastes. And then to top it all of, they have incredible Gins!!
These are the food trucks you can find:
- Pizza Rodante: the best pizzas! With regular dough, whole-wheat, craft or even gluten free casave! They have vegan and vegetarian options, as well as uber creative ones (like with fritada, portobello confit, figs and blue cheese, etc.) They also have salads, lasagnas and sweet pizzas
- Urko: is based on Ecuadorian flavours, made in a simple and delicious way with the best products. They have sandwiches, corviche (a green plantain and fish dish) and more. This food truck comes from a very distinguished restaurant by the same name, in this case with more economical options
- Alitas Benditas: we already raved about this chicken wings here. And the offer the same quality of food and service here!
- Wabi Sabi: Japanese style food, better known for their amazing sushi! With all types of rolls, including (you know what’s coming) vegetarian/vegan options! They also have Yakimeshi (a fried rice with vegetables and different toppings) and more. Also, their vegetables are all organic
- Al Ariss: offers delicious Lebanese food, another amazing option for vegans as they have pitas, hummus, falafel and more amazing options. Plus they also have hookahs!
- Serafina: is another Ecuadorian food truck, but in this case with a Manaba twist (Manabi is a region in Ecuador known to have amazing food)! Go taste their delicious fish ceviche!
- Nomada Foods: has Mexican food!! Like tacos (you guessed it! Also vegetarian ones), equites (grilled off-the-cob corn with sauces), botanas, churros and alfajores. With some agua fresca to go with it all
- La Trucktoria: homemade pasta! There’s nothing better than fresh pasta, and they know how to make it! With great sauces like Bolognese, pesto, 4 cheeses, topped with salami, ham, onions, sausages and much more!
- El Columpio drinkbar: has refreshing smoothies and cold smooth craft beer
- Cleto’s Burgers: the name says it all—hamburgers! But really juicy, tasty ones, with a variety of toppings and the perfect bread
- Amaranto Gin: oh and the gins… amazing delicious gins made with lemon leaf, lemon verbena, basil, chamomile and more! Perfect for taking in the sun while listening to good music
If you go to La Platea make sure to take a ton of pictures and send them to us!! Or post them using the #enmodouio. We would love to know which one’s your favourite! 🙂
Address: Av. La coruña E13121 and Francisco Salazar, Quito
Parking: on the street
Opening times: Tuesday to Thursday 12:00-22:00, Friday and Saturday 12:00-23:45 and Sunday 12:00-17:00